Sunday 4 August 2019

AUTHOR INTERVIEW WITH RICHA MUKHERJEE











Hey people! Hope you all are doing well.  So here's the interview with Richa Mukherjee the author of the book - I didn't expect to be expecting.  The review of it is up on my blog and my booktube channel so make sure to check that out as well.I had such a wonderful time going through her answers and im sure you too will.





) What inspired you to write?
I can’t isolate one inspiration point. I’ve always expressed myself easily through pen on paper and gravitated towards different formats through life, poetry being the most frequent stop. As for books, the inspiration found me and I just wrote!

2) Since when are you writing?
Since I was a child. I used to write poetry for my dad who was in the government service and travelled a lot. There were a lot of aborted ‘Dear Diary’ attempts along the way, but I always scribbled my thoughts.

3 ) Your favourite writing spot/ nook?
I can find these wherever I go. Being a working mother, my usual spot ends up being the dining table with my daughter hanging off my leg and maid screaming in my ear, but when I need to focus on something specifically, I take a corner at a café and write for a few hours.

4) At this stage in your life whom do you admire the most & why?
I am blessed to have inspirational people all around me, being part of a big loving family. But I would have to say my father. The smile on his face and the firmness in his step remains despite age. Through loss, grief, tragedies, good times or bad. I turn to him very often for advice.

5 ) what do  you do apart from writing?
I’m an advertising professional, so that’s work. Other than that, my husband and I are avid travellers and spend all our time planning multiple trips through the year! Other interests include singing, reading and working out.

6) would you like to brief about your childhood and teen days?
Imagine growing up with 3 elder sisters and changing 7 schools! Too much of moving around but it was certainly entertaining. We travelled a lot because of my father and the kind of perspective and exposure travel breathes into a child trumps all else. During my teenage years, let’s just say I was hardly found at home and was a bit of a stereotype with the hormonal behaviour and always wanting to be out but I reformed myself after a few years! 😊

7) you're favourite excerp/poem from this book?
That’s like asking a mother to pick out a favourite child! 😊 There’s blood and sweat in all of it. Grateful and proud that all of the madness is out there on paper.

8) Whats your definition of being successful?
When you know you’ve achieved your purpose, followed your heart and done what you were meant to do. Everything else flows from there.

9) what were the difficulties you faced while writing ur books?
Making time amongst others. Work, home, kids, schedules are a heady masala mix that no writer can escape. You know, I read about these writing retreats and look at posts of people sitting and writing in the hills and I start drooling just thinking what that might feel like! But truth be told, I think I now have trained myself to write wherever I can , whenever I can and that’s the fluidity I need to make my books happen. Ps: I will get to the hills at some point 😊

10) How do u deal with / take criticism or negative reviews?
Its a part of the process. Happiness doesn’t come without brickbats. If every individual is different then how can we expect their opinions to be homogenous.

11) A fictional world/ character you adore? Why ? 
Actually every book transports me to a different world. But oh my gawd I’m such a potter head! I could be lost in that world forever. It’s a world that is complete in the joy, the wonder, the danger and the complexities it holds.

12) Is any character in the book inspired by your life?
I repeatedly deny it but the lead protagonist Tara Roy borrows heavily from my life in sections of the book. Pssst. That’s a secret!

1 comment:

Author interview- Piyush Gupta

Hello my beautiful friend! I hope you're doing well and are safe! Todays post is a special author interview with Mr. Piyush Gupta, autho...