Thursday 29 November 2018

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: TK PERRY (THE WINGED SERIES)







Heyy guys, thank you so much for giving this post your time! So as you know i haven't posted any author interview since a long time  (well thanks to my exams) so anyway today i bring to you an author interview that i conducted with TK Perry  (author of the winged series). Its but obvious by now that you guys known how much i love her books & im so glad that she has obliged me with an interview.

Her answers are designed to grab your attention just like her books do!

) What inspired you to write? My third grade teacher, Miss Jensen, had us write books as an assignment. I wrote about a bratty brother and sister who tormented each other. I loved writing it, and I loved making the other kids laugh when the teacher read it to them. 


2) Since when are you writing? Though 3rd grade was the official inception, I don't ever remember there not being a story in my head. When I was younger, I wrote children's books and lots of poetry. 


3 ) What according to you Is writing?

 Writing is getting the stories in my head out where others can read them.

4) At this stage in your life whom do you admire the most & why?
 Gordon B. Hinckley because he had mastered the art of disagreeing pleasantly. 

5) would you like to brief about your childhood and teen days? Nope. lol

6) you're favourite excerp/ quote from this book?


 My favorite parts are all spoilers, but this part only spoils Elissa Blue: Book One of the Winged. 
   "It was the snoring that woke her up. Closing her wings, she rolled to her side to see Cam asleep on the grass, his mouth wide open and emitting a cacophony of sound. A tanned arm was flung across his forehead, nearly obscuring the dark eyelashes that brushed his cheeks. She shut her eyes again, and folded one arm up over her head to cover her ear.
   “I don’t think she likes your snoring, Cam,” Elissa giggled.
    “Maybe the singing frogs were bothering her or the crickets...both terribly annoying sounds,” Cam suggested.
    “Oh yes, very,” Elissa giggled.
    “They’re the real reason no one camps anymore,” Cam asserted sagely.
    Mit snorted. “She’s awake, you know. Nobody could sleep through your chatter.”
    Elissa shoved Mit playfully and he teetered on the tree stump.
    “No, she’s not...is she? Raven? Are you awake?” Cam called quietly.
    “Shh, Cam, let her sleep.” Elissa gave him a mischievous smile. “The rabbit’s not burned yet.”
    “I’m not burning it,” Mit said, tickling her.
    Elissa giggled. “You always burn it. Charred and flavorless is how I like it, remember?”
    “Cam, could you hold this a minute?” Mit asked, passing a roasting stick to him as Elissa shrieked and ran, giggling wildly.
    Cam chuckled at Mit’s lopsided, hopping gait as he ran after her. “I expect they’ll be gone a while. Go back to sleep, Raven.”
    Lexi’s eyes had been open the tiniest of slits, the effort to do so feeling tremendous. At Cam’s words, she relaxed again, and sleep overcame her."

7) 5 years from now on, where would you like to see yourself?

 My goal is to publish a book every year, and hopefully finish The Winged series by then. My dream is to have Elissa Blue made into a movie.

8) Will you be writing more books after finishing this series? ( yea a question for my personal interest as i wanna read more books by  u) 
Of course. I already have a first draft finished, and several first chapters for other book ideas.

9) anything you'd like to say about the next book in this series?
 I really wanted to write about mental illness, so book three is from the perspective of a white-winged girl struggling through the extreme hormonal changes that alter her personality, kind of like PMDD.

Impressive aren't they! I wish her all the very best for her future ventures & i hope she'll be successful Enough to publish a book a year  & provide us with many more interesting stories! 


That's all for today guys, Hope you liked the interview.  Do let me know your thoughts over it and if you like my posts please make sure to subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss out onto any of my upcoming posts!

Thank you 💖💖

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author interview- Piyush Gupta

Hello my beautiful friend! I hope you're doing well and are safe! Todays post is a special author interview with Mr. Piyush Gupta, autho...